- How Far Apart Do I Plant Vegetables?
- How Far Apart Should Black Hills Spruce Trees Be Planted?
- How Far Apart Do You Plant Apple Trees?
- How Far Apart Should One Plant Fruit Trees?
- How Far to Plant Grape Vines
- How Far Apart Should You Plant Burning Bush Compacta?
- How Far Apart to Plant Azaleas?
- How Far Apart Do I Place My Annual Plants?
- How Far Apart to Plant Rose Bushes?
Tomatoes, peppers, beans, squash and melons require 12 to 36 inches between plants. Potatoes, turnips and onions need 3 to 18 inches between plants. Space rows at least 24 inches apart. Melons and pumpkins should have at least 48 to 60 inches between rows.
- Tomatoes, peppers, beans, squash and melons require 12 to 36 inches between plants.
- Melons and pumpkins should have at least 48 to 60 inches between rows.
Black Hills spruce ((Picea glauca var. densata) typically grows 30 to 60 feet high and 15 to 25 feet wide. Susceptible to fungus in wet areas, these spruces perform best 12 feet apart in a single row, 14 feet apart in double rows, or 18 feet apart in multiple rows.
Distance varies according to tree type. Plant standard trees 30 to 35 feet apart, dwarf trees 15 to 20 feet apart and semi-dwarf trees between 20 to 25 feet apart.
Large fruit trees should be planted 12 to 18 feet apart. This distance will allow for cross pollination and prevent nutrient sharing. Dwarf-sized trees should be planted 5 to 7 feet apart.
- Black Hills spruce ((Picea glauca var.
- Dwarf-sized trees should be planted 5 to 7 feet apart.
Grape vines should be spaced apart according to their type. For cordons, plant 3 feet apart; for horizonal cordons, plant 4 feet apart. Plant fans 8 feet apart and espaliers 6 feet apart.
Space burning bush (Euonymus alatus) 'Compacta,' hardy in USDA zones 5 though 8, at least 8 feet apart in full sun or shade, in various soils. Ohio States University reports burning bush is very tolerant of urban settings. This cultivar is sometimes referred to as 'Compactus.'
Plant new azalea bushes as far apart as their mature width. For instance, if your type of azalea grows to 3 feet, place the plants 3 feet apart.
- Grape vines should be spaced apart according to their type.
Most annuals may be planted 8 inches apart if the goal is a more immediate, showy presentation and 12 inches apart if the goal is to provide maximum growth room. Be warned, however, that some annuals require up to 36 inches of space to thrive, so check plant labels.
Plant rose bushes about 2 to 5 feet apart. This will give each bush enough space to spread out without being crowded.