Chainsaws are among the most commonly used power tools, but their high power and fuel consumption make them unsuitable for smaller wood cutting tasks. The Ryobi lithium 18V 10-inch cordless chain saw is an effective, lightweight cordless solution for your chainsaw needs, but it must be oiled for optimal performance. Using the right equipment and technique, you can keep your Ryobi saw well-oiled for the life of the tool.
Charge the Ryobi lithium 18-volt battery in a Ryobi brand charger. The indicator light on the charger will turn green when the battery is fully charged.
Make sure there is no battery installed in the Ryobi lithium 18V 10-inch cordless chain saw before beginning maintenance.
Unscrew the black oil reservoir cap on top of the chain saw.
Check the oil level. If it is low, add more chainsaw oil. Do not overfill.
Reattach the oil reservoir cap.
Put on safety glasses and work gloves.
Attach a fully-charged Ryobi lithium 18-volt battery to the chain saw by inserting the battery into the battery slot.
Depress the push button oiler on top of the oil reservoir cap a few times. This will oil the saw blade.
Depress the safety switch and pull the trigger to activate the chain saw. While the chain saw is running, depress the push button oiler top a few more times to spread the oil over the surface of the blade.
Turn off the chain saw.
Remove the battery from the chainsaw.
Inspect the blade to see if the chain and blade surface are evenly oiled. Repeat the oiling process as needed until the the chain and blade surface are evenly oiled.
Things You Will Need
- Ryobi lithium 18V battery
- Ryobi battery charger
- Chainsaw oil
- Safety glasses
- Work gloves
- Change the Oil on a Craftsman 675 Series Mower
- Tune Small 4 Cycle Gasoline Engines
- Start a Shindaiwa T350 Gas Weed Eater
- Adjust the Idle in a Honda OHV Lawn Mower
- Disassemble a Reel Mower
- Start a Gas Weed Eater
- Change the Oil in a Murray Lawnmower
- How Do I Determine the Oil to Gas Ratio in a Weed Trimmer?
- Repair a Homelite XL Chainsaw Oiler
- Install a Chain on a Craftsman Chainsaw
- Where Is the Fuel Filter for Troy Bilt 675 Series?
- Remove John Deere Mower Blades