Chainsaws are among the most commonly used power tools, but their high power and fuel consumption make them unsuitable for smaller wood cutting tasks. The Ryobi lithium 18V 10-inch cordless chain saw is an effective, lightweight cordless solution for your chainsaw needs, but it must be oiled for optimal performance. Using the right equipment and technique, you can keep your Ryobi saw well-oiled for the life of the tool.
Charge the Ryobi lithium 18-volt battery in a Ryobi brand charger. The indicator light on the charger will turn green when the battery is fully charged.
Make sure there is no battery installed in the Ryobi lithium 18V 10-inch cordless chain saw before beginning maintenance.
Unscrew the black oil reservoir cap on top of the chain saw.
Check the oil level. If it is low, add more chainsaw oil. Do not overfill.
Reattach the oil reservoir cap.
Put on safety glasses and work gloves.
Attach a fully-charged Ryobi lithium 18-volt battery to the chain saw by inserting the battery into the battery slot.
Depress the push button oiler on top of the oil reservoir cap a few times. This will oil the saw blade.
Depress the safety switch and pull the trigger to activate the chain saw. While the chain saw is running, depress the push button oiler top a few more times to spread the oil over the surface of the blade.
Turn off the chain saw.
Remove the battery from the chainsaw.
Inspect the blade to see if the chain and blade surface are evenly oiled. Repeat the oiling process as needed until the the chain and blade surface are evenly oiled.
Things You Will Need
- Ryobi lithium 18V battery
- Ryobi battery charger
- Chainsaw oil
- Safety glasses
- Work gloves
- Start a Shindaiwa T350 Gas Weed Eater
- Briggs & Stratton 16 HP OHV Specs
- Change Oil in a Simplicity Coronet Mower
- Problem with Oil Leaking onto Clutch of Stihl MS250
- Start a Murray Lawnmower
- Disassemble a Reel Mower
- Grease a Cub Cadet LT1045
- How Do I Adjust The Drive Belt Tension on a Dixon Mower Model 3362?
- Replace a Poulan Chainsaw Oil Pump
- Adjust the Idle in a Honda OHV Lawn Mower
- Change the Oil in a GTS-5 Toro Lawn Mower
- Who Makes Ryobi Trimmers?