One of the conveniences of cordless power tools is that you can use them where there is no power. Cordless tools operate using rechargeable batteries. Black & Decker manufactures a full line of cordless products including power tools and lawn equipment. Changing batteries on a cordless Black & Decker depends on the type of tool you are using. Most Black & Decker products either have tabs on the side of the battery or have a retaining handle which secures the battery to the tool.
Press the release button on the side of the battery near the base of the tool with your fingers. Most Black & Decker power tools and some of its yard trimming products use this type of battery.
Hold the tool in one hand and pull the battery out with your free hand. Take a fully charged battery and insert it into the tool. The battery only goes in one way. Press the bottom of the battery until it snaps into place.
Pull the lever securing the battery forward on Black & Decker mower batteries. Some lawn tool products also use this type of method to secure the battery.
Lift the battery straight out and set a charged battery into the mower or yard tool. Pull the retaining handle back over the battery.
Insert batteries into their respective charger and plug the charger into the wall socket.
Things You Will Need
- Replacement battery
- Although most of the line of power tools do have replaceable batteries, not all cordless products have removable batteries. Battery-powered tools and equipment that do not have rechargeable batteries usually have a plug-in adapter for charging.
- Convert a Lawn Mower Handle to a Folding Handle
- Remove the Deck on a Craftsman Lawn Tractor
- Disassemble a Reel Mower
- Store Electric Lawn Mowers
- Test a Lawn Mower Battery
- Use a Dremel to Grind Down High Spots in Concrete
- Drive a Riding Lawn Mower
- Fix a Chain on a Black & Decker Alligator
- Change the Blade on a Yard Man Lawnmower
- Adjust Deck Height on a Yardman Riding Mower
- Sharpen a Manual Push Mower
- Put Inner Tubes in Tubeless Lawn Mower Tires