Tree pitch is hard to remove, no matter what it comes in contact with. When tree pitch gets into your hair, you may be tempted to take out the scissors and begin cutting. Before you do anything so drastic, try some home remedies. Try to remove the tree pitch from your hair while the tree pitch is still soft. As the tree pitch hardens, it becomes increasingly harder to remove.
Apply a generous amount of creamy peanut butter to the area where the tree pitch is stuck in your hair. An all-natural peanut butter works best. Work the peanut butter into the spot for several minutes. Turn the hairdryer to a warm setting and aim it over the peanut buttered area. As the peanut butter warms, the tree pitch should soften. Comb through your hair with a straight-toothed comb to remove the tree pitch. When the tree pitch is removed, shampoo your hair twice.
Apply a generous amount of mayonnaise to the tree pitch in your hair and work it in for several minutes. The oils in mayonnaise help to break down the tree pitch to make it easier to remove. Leave the mayonnaise on the hair for about 10 minutes. Comb your hair with a straight-toothed comb to remove the mayonnaise and tree pitch from your hair. Shampoo your hair twice.
Apply a squirt of grease-cutting dishwashing detergent to the tree pitch in your hair. Work into a rich lather and then rinse with warm water. Repeat until the tree pitch is gone. Shampoo your hair twice, then use conditioner.
Wet your hair with warm water. Using a pure soap, work into a rich lather. Repeat until the tree pitch is gone.
Apply baking soda to a cloth dipped in warm water. Rub the area of your hair vigorously until the sap dissolves. Repeat until the tree pitch is gone.
Apply a few drops of pine oil or tea tree oil to the tree pitch and work it into your hair with your fingers. When the tree pitch is removed, comb through your hair with a straight-toothed comb. Using hot water, shampoo your hair, rinse and repeat.
Things You Will Need
- All natural peanut butter
- Hair dryer
- Straight-toothed comb
- Grease-cutting dishwashing detergent
- Pure soap
- Baking soda
- Pine oil or tea tree oil
- After using any of these products and washing your hair, apply a good moisturizing conditioner.
- Use care when combing through your hair so you don't pull out hair or hurt yourself.
- Be careful with the substances you put in your hair to remove the tree pitch. They could run into your eyes and burn. If this happens, flush eyes with cool water.
- Make Black Walnut Tea
- Take Care of Austrian Pine Trees
- Grow Eucalyptus Gunnii Trees
- Use Tree Wrap
- Plant the Herb Fennel
- Remove Motor Oil From Concrete Driveway
- Mix Spectracide Diazinon Insect Spray
- Rid Bradford Pear Trees of Pests
- Remove Tree Sap With Vinegar
- Remove Paint From Vandalized Trees
- Bahamian Johnnycake Recipe
- Clean Tree Sap off Suede