How to Take Rhodiola Rosea Root
Rhodiola Rosea root, also known as the Golden root, is a powerful herb that can be taken to increase overall health and alleviate many illnesses. Many people testify that among its many benefits it produces significant results in lowering stress, helping with depression and increasing energy and sexual stamina.
Although Rhodiola Rosea root has been used for a long time in traditional medicine, it is within the last 50 years that the herb has been recognized within the scientific community.
It is mainly found in the colder climates of Eastern Europe and China. Historically it has been taken in the form of a tea, or extract, but modern medicine has introduced tablets and capsules for a more convenient method of starting a Rhodiola Rosea Root regimen.
Take Rhodiola Rosea Root in one form, or in all forms, depending on your preference.
Tablets: Purchase ready-made tablets of Rhodiola Rosea Root. There are many websites that offer the root for sale. Ensure that the product contains three parts Rosavins to one part Salidroside for optimal value, wherever you choose to buy it and in whatever form you choose to take it. Generally speaking, adult dosage is about 100 mg to 300 mg per day.
Extract: Make your own Rhodiola Rosea Root Extract or purchase some that is already prepared. To make your own extract, grind 30 g of the dried roots in a coffee grinder until it becomes a powder. Place the powder in a container and add 150 ml of vodka. Mix well and steep for three to five days at room temperature. Filter the extract. Take 1/2 tsp., three times a day of the extract.
Tea: Cut 5 g of Rhodiola Rosea Roots into fine pieces. Pour one cup of boiling water over the roots and brew for about four hours. Filter the tea. Add juice to improve the taste, if desired.
- Rhodiola Rosea Root that is from Siberia is of the highest quality on the market.
- Before beginning any Rhodiola Rosea Root regimen, consult your doctor, and heed the advice on all products regarding dosage.
- Take your daily dosage in the morning or early afternoon to avoid sleeplessness. Rhodiola Rosea Root has been associated with insomnia due to its energy boosting qualities.
- Rhodiola Rosea Root in one of the following forms:
- Tablets, extract, tea (ready-made), or
- Dried roots for preparation
- Coffee grinder (for extract)