Slugs are nasty, disgusting little critters and while I'm sure they play some vital role in our ecology I just don't like them. So here's a couple ways to get rid of them.
Get some sawdust. You can make it yourself or you can go to any lumber yard and they'll propbably just give some to you.
Go out to the infected area and ring your plants with sawdust. Typically I create a ring about four inches away from the stalk of the plant. Try to make your ring about 1 inch wide and 1/2 inch tall.
If you have the patience and the weathers nice you can Just sit bak and observe. Watch the slug slide over the ring of sawdust and begin to writh in agony as the moisture is absorbed from it body.
If you want to make it espessialy painfull on the slug top off your sawdust ring with a layer of salt. You can almost hear them scream.
Things You Will Need
- Sawdust and/or Salt
- I've also heard that a lid (something like a Mayo jar lid) full of beer attracts the slugs and they drown in it. I have not tried this one yet. There are also commercial products available.
- Outside Home Remedy to Get Rid of Gnats
- Fix My Lumpy Lawn
- Compost Pond Algae
- Clean Muddy Pool Water
- Build a Swimming Pool Fence
- Grow an Ornamental Sweet Potato Vine
- Keep Rabbits Out of the Garden & Yard
- Building Raised Vegetable Garden Beds
- What Type of Grass Grows in the Shade?
- Growing Edible Bamboo Shoots
- Get Rid of Flies in Compost
- Install Gorilla Bottom Above-Ground Pool Floor Padding