Green is the least effective color of light in driving photosynthesis, the process of converting light energy into chemical energy. Photosynthesis occurs in plants and algae using chlorophyll, and because chlorophyll reflects rather than absorbs green light, green light cannot be used in the photosynthetic process.
- Do Geraniums Need Full Sun All Day?
- How Long Does it Take a Papaya Tree to Produce Fruit?
- Prepare a Concrete Wall for Painting
- Which Algae Are Not Considered to Be Plants?
- How Many Pounds of Topsoil in a Yard?
- When to Plant Red Potatoes in Mississippi
- When to Plant Grass Seed in West Virginia
- Where Can I Purchase Peters Plant Food?
- Is a Corn Kernel Seed a Dicot or Monocot?
- What Is the Ideal Temperature for Staining Concrete?
- Clean Urine Stains on Concrete
- Build a Pole Bean Trellis