Green is the least effective color of light in driving photosynthesis, the process of converting light energy into chemical energy. Photosynthesis occurs in plants and algae using chlorophyll, and because chlorophyll reflects rather than absorbs green light, green light cannot be used in the photosynthetic process.
- What Is a Yellow Watermelon Called?
- Why Is Chlorophyll Important to Plants?
- Design Ideas for Small Gardens
- What is the Fastest Growing Fruit Tree?
- The Best Grass Seed in Southern California
- Grow Angel Wing Begonias
- Get Rid of Stink Bugs
- How Long Does It Take for Grass Seed to Sprout?
- The Best Solar Landscape Lighting
- Harvest & Store Green Beans
- The Best Grass Seed for Full Sun