In 1923, Herbert Sellner introduced the first modern water slide to the world with the Sellner Water-Toboggan Slide, which was a giant wood slide over water. Riders would climb to the top and sled down 100 feet into the water. Today, water slides are common features at private swimming pools, beaches and water parks. You can easily capture this symbol of summer, by drawing an inviting pool with a water slide.
Turn your drawing paper so it is horizontal, longer in the width than height. Draw a horizontal line across the middle of your drawing paper with your HB pencil. This will be the line for the pool.
Draw two parallel wavy lines about 4 inches above your first horizontal line, so they are perpendicular to the first line. Close the the parallel lines at the top with a curving perpendicular line. Do the same at the bottom. This will be your water slide.
Add a vertical line going down from the top of the slide to your pool line. This will be the ladder to the top of your water slide. Add four horizontal lines from behind the slide to the vertical line you just made. These will be the rungs on your water slide ladder.
Draw rail guards at the top of your water slide by adding two partial ovals on either side of your slide.
Create waves in your swimming pool by drawing wavy lines. Add shadow and depth to the slide by rubbing the side of your pencil in the middle portion of the slide.
Things You Will Need
- HB pencil
- Drawing paper
- Practice this basic method of drawing a water slide, and later draw a larger, enclosed water park slide by adding a tunnel on top of the slide.
- Use colored pencils to add color to your drawing.
- Hang a Microwave Oven on a Concrete Wall
- Sell Potted Plants
- Install a Garden Drip Irrigation System
- Use Kitchen Magnets to Make Magnetic Water
- Install a Hayward Side Wall Skimmer in an Above-Ground Pool
- Pour a Concrete Ceiling
- Importance of Japanese Zen Gardens
- Determine Gallons of Water Per Hour Needed for a Plant Drip System
- Make a Noodle Lounger Raft Chair
- Use Styrofoam Peanuts in the Bottom of Plant Pots
- Make a Cheap Go Kart
- Design a Backyard Serenity Garden