The Polaris 380 is an automatic swimming pool cleaner that vacuums and sweeps as it rolls across the pool bottom and walls. It is designed for use in in-ground pools.
A booster pump, separate from the pool’s main pump, powers the 380. A feed hose is attached to a fitting in the wall of the pool. Gears inside the 380 are driven by water pressure from the pump and, in turn, drive the wheels.
The Polaris 380 has a vertical tube at its center. Jets blow water up this tube creating a suction that carries debris such as leaves up into a mesh bag at the top.
At the bottom rear of the unit is a sweep hose attached to a swiveling nozzle. The hose moves from side to side stirring sediment up from the bottom into the water where it can be filtered out.
The feed hose has a backup valve mounted just a few feet behind the 380. Every 3 minutes, it activates and water is forced out of its jet. This carries the 380 from its location to a new one, ensuring that the entire pool is swept in random fashion.
- MTD 139 CC OHV Engine Specs
- How Do Pool Skimmers Work?
- Fix a Pool Liner Corner That Has Popped Out
- Assemble Intex Plunger Valves
- How Does a Pool Vacuum Work?
- Drain an Inground Pool Below the Skimmer
- Can I Use a Vacuum With a Slightly Bent Prong?
- How Do I Get Dog Hair Out of My Pool?
- Clean the Filter System on an Above Ground Pool
- Connect the Pool Vacuum Hose to the Pump
- Above-Ground Pool Skimmer & Return Instructions
- Start a Pool Pump for the First Time