A division of Zodiac Pool Systems, Inc., Polaris Pool is a leading name in the residential pool treatment industry. Polaris pool cleaners help to keep the water in your pool clean and crystal clear, making labor-intensive manual pool cleanings a thing of the past. Polaris pool cleaners use rubber belts to turn their wheels. With regular use, these belts can wear or break over time. Luckily, changing the belt on a Polaris pool cleaner can be done in just minutes.
Remove the filter bag from the top of the Polaris pool cleaner. Detach the bag collar from the feed hose and press in on the prongs to release the bag from the body of the pool cleaner.
Locate the four screws that hold the frame to the base of the cleaner. Remove the screws with your Phillips screwdriver and set them aside. Remove the frame from the base by lifting straight up while simultaneously pulling back at a 45-degree angle. Set the frame aside with the removed screws.
Remove the front or rear belts from your Polaris pool cleaner; the removal and replacement process is the same for both types of belts. Push the desired belt off of its pulley while turning the front or back wheels. Discard the removed belt.
Slip the replacement belt over the appropriate axle block shaft. Position the belt on the pulley while turning the wheels to align the new belt.
Reposition the frame over the base of the pool cleaner. Reinsert and tighten the four reserved screws with the Phillips screwdriver. Connect the filter bag to the top of the pool cleaner with the filter bag collar.
Things You Will Need
- Phillips screwdriver
- Replacement belt
- Clean the Filter System on an Above Ground Pool
- Disassemble a Reel Mower
- Change the Bag in a Kirby Vacuum Cleaner
- Remove the Head on a Husqvarna Trimmer
- Troubleshoot a Pool Rover Jr. Pool Cleaner
- Install Gorilla Bottom Above-Ground Pool Floor Padding
- Assemble Intex Plunger Valves
- Repair a Muffler on a Lawn Mower
- Convert an Intex Pool to a Bigger Pump
- Oil a Vornado Rotating Fan
- Loud Noises from a Kenmore Progressive Vacuum
- Replace a John Deere 613 Bush Hog Gearbox