Foxes are medium-sized mammals characterized by their dog-like appearance and fluffy tails. While found in the wild, foxes also make appearances in urban areas. Their diet includes both plants and animals.
In terms of plants, vegetables and fruit, foxes eat items such as apples, pears and corn. While foxes do eat plants, the majority of their diet still consists of animals and other meat.
Foxes tend to eat smaller animals such as rabbits, mice and birds. They also like to eat insects, digging for worms and beetles.
More than anything else, foxes are scavengers. They locate animals other creatures kill and find meat, bread or pet food that humans have discarded.
- Make a Compost Bin From a Garbage Can
- Building Raised Vegetable Garden Beds
- Is Lucky Bamboo Poisonous to Cats?
- Grow Zebra Grass
- Do Nonvascular Plants Have Seeds?
- Are Chinese Palm Plants Poisonous to Cats?
- Take Care of Roses
- What Does Exotic Plants Mean?
- Are Ficus Trees Poisonous to Children?
- What Weed Killer Kills Buckthorn?
- What Does a Potato Plant Look Like?
- Plant Raspberries in Colorado