Every year before the mowing season begins, you should inspect your Sears lawn tractor and perform any necessary servicing and maintenance on it. It's also a good idea to make sure the transmission fluid is full in the rear axle crankcase. It's advised to replace your transmission fluid every four years as it will begin to lose its viscosity and break down at this point.
Park your Sears lawn tractor on a level surface.
Position yourself behind the rear axle of your Sears lawn tractor. Locate the basketball-shaped transmission (crankcase) on the rear axle.
Unscrew the square drain plug on the base of the crankcase with the proper sized wrench. Allow all the transmission fluid to drain out into the drain pan. Screw the plug back in tightly.
Unscrew the bolt on the top of the crankcase with the proper sized wrench to expose the fill hole. Insert a funnel into the hole. Fill the crankcase with lawn mower crankcase oil (transmission fluid) until it is to the bottom of the bolt screw hole. Screw the bolt back in tightly.
Things You Will Need
- Wrench set
- Drain pan
- Mower crankcase oil
- Remove the Deck on a Craftsman Lawn Tractor
- Replace a Sears Lawn Mower Battery
- MTD 139 CC OHV Engine Specs
- Start a Shindaiwa T350 Gas Weed Eater
- Change the Oil in a Murray Lawn Mower
- Building Raised Vegetable Garden Beds
- How Do I Adjust The Drive Belt Tension on a Dixon Mower Model 3362?
- Clean the Filter System on an Above Ground Pool
- Change the Oil on a Craftsman 675 Series Mower
- Replace the Drive Belt on an Edger
- Design Ideas for Small Gardens
- Which Spark Plug Should Be Used in a Kohler 15 HP Lawn Mower Engine?