Intex pools are cost effective and easy to set up. According to the company's website, Intex sells more above-ground pools worldwide than any other manufacturer. However, like pools that are 10 times more expensive, Intex pools require regular maintenance and care.
Caring for an Intex Pool
Run the filter daily. Depending on the quantity of water in the pool and the capacity of the filter, the amount of time will vary from as little as four hours to as much as eight hours. When in doubt, run the filter longer.
Change the filter cartridge every two weeks. Intex filters use a simple, drop-in cartridge as opposed to sand filters.
Add chlorine daily and check the chemical level. Chlorine is necessary to sanitize the pool water. Purchase a test kit from a local pool supply store. Test kits will tell if there is too much or too little chlorine in the water. If levels are too high, do not add chlorine until the level is in the safe zone. If there is too little, then add extra to bring the level up.
Wipe the top inflatable ring of Intex Easy Set Pools with a damp rag. If necessary, you may use a mild detergent.
Skim the surface of the pool daily to remove leaves, bugs and other debris that finds its way into the pool. Many Intex models come with a pool skimmer. If yours didn't, skimmers are readily available at pool supply stores.
Vacuum as often as possible (at least every three days) to remove the dirt and debris from the pool bottom. Intex pools use a garden hose vacuum. Simply connect a garden hose to the vacuum head; attach the debris bag and turn the water on. The water pressure runs through the debris bag causing suction. With the vacuum head attached to an extension pole, use a sweeping motion to clean the floor of the pool.
Things You Will Need
- Extension Pole
- Never add pool chemicals while the pool is occupied. Always read all labels on pool chemicals and NEVER mix chemicals. When in doubt, ask for help at a local pool supply store.
- Treat Green Pool Water
- Fix a Polaris 360
- Do-It-Yourself Swimming Pool Tile Cleaning
- When to Run the Pump on an Easy Set Pool
- Clean Urine Stains on Concrete
- Set Up an Inflatable Pool
- Use a Floating Pool Chlorinator
- Remove Organic Stains From Swimming Pools
- Make Your Pool Sparkle
- Add Javex to Pool Water
- Remove Algae From a Pool Bottom
- Raise Fish in an Above Ground Swimming Pool