If your lawn is being taken over by moles, there is a pretty good chance that you have lawn grubs. If you have moles, they are in your lawn because your lawn is providing them with food. Because lawn grubs are a great food source for moles, taking control of the moles in your yard requires getting rid of the grubs first.
Grubs are the larvae that eventually turns into Japanese beetles. To get rid of the grubs use a Bacillus thuringiensis insecticide. This is a product that will not harm your lawn, or pets and birds.
If you have a very aggressive mole or the mole won't leave even when the lawn, you can try a few other methods for getting rid of them. The first step is to figure out which of the tunnels they are using the most. To do this, look for a straight area of runway in your lawn and then stomp on it with your foot. If there are moles in that area, they will repair their tunnel very quickly.
Once you've found an area where moles are active, you can trap them using live traps or traps that will kill them. You can buy traps at your local lawn and garden center or online. Of course, if you use this method, you will have to dispose of the live or dead mole.
Another option for getting rid of moles is to try to flood them out of their holes. If you find a tunnel that you know the moles are using, stick a hose into the tunnel and let the water run. The mole will eventually come out of the ground to escape from the flood and you can catch and get rid of it.
Things You Will Need
- Bacillus thuringiensis insecticide
- Mole traps
- Water hose
- Get rid of the lawn grubs and chances are the moles will leave soon after! They want to eat!!
- Grub Control & Newly-Planted Grass
- Get Rid of Lawn Mice
- Get Rid of Squirrels in the Lawn
- How Can I Get Rid of Moles Mostly in Flower Beds?
- Get Rid of Moles Digging Up Lawn
- Control Fleas and Ticks in Your Yard
- Home Remedy for Moles in the Yard
- Control Moles & Gophers With Castor Oil Pellets Using a Lawn Spreader
- Homemade Insecticide for Grubs
- How Do I Know If I Have a Mole in My Yard?
- Get Rid of Earthworms in Lawns
- The Best Ways to Kill Moles