Swisher trail mowers attach to the back of ATVs, lawn tractors and other utility vehicles. They are designed to cut down on the time spent mowing large fields. They are known to be easy to start and simple to maintain. As with any lawn mower, however, you are bound to run into some questions. Try troubleshooting the problems on your own before bringing the mower into a repair shop.
If your Swisher trail mower will not power up for you, first disengage the blades. Make sure the toggle switch is in the "On" position and then check the battery and any other electrical connections. Ensure that the spark plug is firing and that the wiring is correct. If these steps do not solve your problem, make sure you have enough fuel in the engine.
You may find that your Swisher trail mower is not cutting properly. If this is the case, you can level the mower deck by ensuring that the side crank handles are the same height. In addition, the air pressure in all the tires needs to be the same. They should be at approximately 15 to 18 psi. You also may want to check the blades for any damage. Do all of these things when the mower is off.
Bounce and Function
If your trail mower bounces a great deal while it is being towed, lower the tire pressure. If this does not solve your problem, try towing the mower at a slower speed. If your engine does not seem to be running properly, check the throttle adjuster. Perhaps your fuel is old and should be changed. Also, clean or replace the fuel filter and check for any obstructions in the fuel line.
- Charge a 12 Volt Mower Battery
- Troubleshooting a Craftsman Riding Lawn Mower
- Start a Riding Lawn Mower
- Adjust the Speed for a Honda Self-Propelled Lawn Mower
- Troubleshooting a Cub Cadet Lawn Mower
- Troubleshooting an Electric Lawnmower
- Do-It-Yourself Lawn Mower Repair
- Start a Murray Lawnmower
- Change the Oil in a GTS-5 Toro Lawn Mower
- Troubleshooting Uneven Cutting of a Craftsman Tractor
- Troubleshoot a John Deere Mower Deck
- What Is the Benefit of Two Blades Vs. One Blade on a Lawn Mower?