Learn how to sharpen mower blade to prepare your lawn mower for winter in this free lawn maintenance video from a yard work expert.
In this video clip, we will be sharpening our lawnmower blade. Once you remove your blades, you want to inspect it to see if there is any big dings or gouges. If there are too large of divots in the blade, you might be better just replacing the blade. Here we have a blade that obviously looks like it hit something very large and caused it to distort itself. In a case like this, you just would want to replace the blade. The easiest way of sharpening your blade is to clamp it in a vice and take a file and just go with the contour of the blade and move that file along getting a nice sharp edge on it. Another method that is a little bit more challenging is to use the grinder to get that edge sharp. Once sharpened, you can go ahead and reinstall the blade but make sure to get it on good.
- Design & Prepare a Flower Bed
- Roasted Green Beans & Yogurt Sauce Recipe
- Onion Flatbread Recipe
- Protect Citrus Trees From Frost
- Maintain & Care for a Yard Edger's Blades
- Installing Gazebo Support Beams
- Vacuum Cleaner Reviews
- Keep Snakes Away From the House
- Gardening for Profit
- Refrigerate Bulbs
- Designing A Wrought Iron Fence
- Will Hot Water Shrink Clothes?