Pruning a phalaenopsis orchid is something that you need to do when the flower's stalk appears. Prune a phalaenopsis orchid with help from a longtime gardening professional in this free video clip.
Hello, this is Mindy. Today, I like to show you how to prune a Phalaenopsis Orchid. Now, this orchid can live outside in the south, but if you live in the north, it is strictly an indoor plant. Now, there's two times that you need to prune this particular type of orchid. The first time is when the flowers stalk appears, the very first bloom that opens up and that begins to fade and that's the lowest bloom on the flower stalk, you will need to prune down to that first bloom. What that does, that encourages the plant to send up another flower stalk. So, you get a longer period of bloom. The second time that you need to prune is anytime you have any spent leaves or dead leaves that are growing or not growing in this case on your orchid. You will need to simply snip them off level with the plant material.
- Remove Stains From Aluminum Siding
- Identifying Different Types of Flowers
- Attracting Butterflies to a Garden
- Design Ideas for Small Gardens
- Use a Rototiller
- Will Hot Water Shrink Clothes?
- Get Rid of Stink Bugs
- What Are Bird's Nest Ferns?
- Protect Outdoor Plants From Frost
- Cleaning Pergo Floors
- Differentiate Ferns: Fern Morphology