How to Get Rid of Ant Mounds
Rid Of Small Dirt Mounds In A Lawn
Rake small dirt mounds on a dry day when the lawn feels dry to the touch, using either a regular garden rake or a thatching rake, set so the tines don't scrape the turf crowns. Place refillable ant bait traps containing a ready-to-use 0.5 to 1.0 percent borate solution on near anthills on ant trails. Check the ant bait every three or four days and refill as needed. Rake anthill mounds away when ants disappear, after about a week.
- University of California Statewide Integrated Pest Management Program: Ants
- The Family Handyman: How to Get Rid of Ants
- Forbes: How To Battle Ants Without Poisons
- University of California Statewide Integrated Pest Management Program: Earthworm -- Lumbricus Terrestris
- National Pesticide Information Center: Bifenthrin