The Toro Recycler Walk Power mower is configured with the 6.5 Guaranteed to Start (GTS) engine. It comes in five different models to account for variations in engine type, drive system, overall weight and starter mechanism: 20005, 20016, 20017, 20070 and 20047. Toro backs its GTS technology with the guarantee that the motor will start on two pulls for two years or Toro will repair it at no cost to the customer.
A Tecumseh or Briggs and Stratton engine delivers the 6.5 horsepower to the Toro GTS mower. The Tecumseh Power 4-cycle engine, made exclusively for Toro mowers, is favored worldwide for lawn mower engines. Finding repair parts is easy, and repair shops should be familiar with the engine. A Briggs and Stratton engine is available only on the 20047 model. The 20070 model is equipped with an electric start; remaining models use a recoil start.
The Toro 6.5 GTS mower features the Atomic Blade system that grinds cuttings to a fine pulp and recycles them back to nourish the lawn. The height of cut can be set from 1.25 to 4.25 inches with a 9-position adjustment. The mower cutting width is 22 inches on all models. A blade override system on the 20047 model allows you to momentarily halt the engine while you clear the mowing path, then continue working without an engine restart. All Recycler models support mulching, rear bag catchment and side discharge.
Two types of self-propelled drive systems are available for the Toro Recycler. The variable-speed, front-wheel drive propels models 20005 and 20016, and the personal-pace, rear-wheel drive is configured for all remaining models. Both systems allow you to mow at your own speed. The overall weight of the mower ranges from 80 to 93 lbs.
- Specifications for the Honda GX160
- : A Homemade Loader for a Wheel Horse
- MTD 139 CC OHV Engine Specs
- How do I Change the Deck on a Walker Mower?
- Which Push Lawn Mowers Are Easiest to Use?
- Toro 450 Lawnmower Instructions
- Where Is the Fuel Filter for Troy Bilt 675 Series?
- Start a Riding Lawn Mower
- Exmark Vs. Scag Mower
- Clean a Lawn Mower Engine
- Change the Oil on a Troy-Bilt Lawn Mower Model 556
- What Is the Benefit of Two Blades Vs. One Blade on a Lawn Mower?