An above-ground pool is a fun way to cool off during the warm and windy Illinois summers. However, the state of Illinois requires specific safety restrictions and requirements for above-ground pools, which include special fencing. Without this fencing, your family would be legally liable for any harm suffered by unwanted visitors.
Depth of Pool
To consider the application of these rules, the above-ground pool must have a depth of 18 inches or more.
Size of Fence
A 4-foot-high non-climbable fence must enclose the entire area of the pool to keep away unwanted visitors.
The gate or the fence must have a latch 4 feet above the ground and it must also be self-latching.
- Is Lucky Bamboo Poisonous to Cats?
- Pool Fence Height Requirements in Wisconsin
- How Much Sun Do Knockout Roses Need?
- Design Ideas for Small Gardens
- When to Plant Azalea Bushes
- Grow Angel Wing Begonias
- Is a Horsetail Plant Dangerous to Dogs?
- The Best Time to Treat Lawn Weeds
- Fertilizer for Vegetable Garden
- California State Law on Swimming Pool Fence Enclosures
- Trim Roses
- How Far Apart Should Apple Trees Be Planted?