An above-ground pool is a fun way to cool off during the warm and windy Illinois summers. However, the state of Illinois requires specific safety restrictions and requirements for above-ground pools, which include special fencing. Without this fencing, your family would be legally liable for any harm suffered by unwanted visitors.
Depth of Pool
To consider the application of these rules, the above-ground pool must have a depth of 18 inches or more.
Size of Fence
A 4-foot-high non-climbable fence must enclose the entire area of the pool to keep away unwanted visitors.
The gate or the fence must have a latch 4 feet above the ground and it must also be self-latching.
- Design Ideas for Small Gardens
- Is Lucky Bamboo Poisonous to Cats?
- What Weed Killer Kills Buckthorn?
- Fertilizer for Vegetable Garden
- How Far Apart Should Apple Trees Be Planted?
- Growing Edible Bamboo Shoots
- How Many Mango Trees Can Be Planted Per Acre?
- The Growth Rate of Emerald Green Arborvitae
- Harvest & Store Green Beans
- What is the Fastest Growing Fruit Tree?
- When to Plant Azalea Bushes