The Weed Eater brand is a line of residential outdoor maintenance tools including trimmers, edgers, mowers and blowers. The Excalibur 22 model GHT225 by Weed Eater is a 25 cubic cm displacement gas-powered hedge trimmer. The Excalibur 22 features a 22 inch cutting length. Most problems with the GHT225 can be solved by verifying proper setup and performing maintenance on wear parts including spark plugs and air filters.
Verify that the switch is positioned to “ON” and the fuel tank is filled if the Weed Eater Excaliber 22 fails to start. If the engine is flooded, engage the throttle lock, push the on-off button to the “ON” position and pull the starter cord until the engine starts. Replace the spark plugs, fuel filter and fuel line if the trimmer still fails to start.
Adjust the carburetor idle speed on the Weed Eater Excaliber 22 by turning the idle speed screw if the trimmer idles improperly. The engine is idling improperly if the blade moves while the unit is idling or if the engine stalls.
Inspect the air filter if the engine fails to increase speed during use. Replace the air filter if it is worn or clean it if it is dirty. Inspect the spark plug and clean or replace it as necessary.
Remix fuel, drain the engine and refill with clean mixture if the engine emits too much smoke during use. Adjust the choke and inspect the air filter for dirt and wear.
Verify that the proper fuel mixture and spark plug are in use if the engine on the Weed Eater Excaliber 22 puts out excess heat while in use.
Things You Will Need
- Fuel filter
- Fuel line
- Air filter
- Spark plug
- Change the Mower Blade of a Lawn Boy
- Troubleshoot a Gravely Zero Turn Lawn Mower
- Problems With a Cub Cadet SR621
- Troubleshooting a Craftsman Riding Lawn Mower
- Troubleshoot a Black and Decker Lawn Mower MM875
- Poulan P3314 Chainsaw Troubleshooting
- Adjust the Idle in a Honda OHV Lawn Mower
- Mix Oil & Gas for a Ryobi Gas Trimmer
- Change a Drive Belt on a Zero Turn Lawnmower
- Clean a Paslode Impulse
- Troubleshooting a Cub Cadet Lawn Mower
- Kohler 18 HP Magnum Twin Specs