Dixon manufactures lawn equipment including push and riding style lawn tractors. The Dixon model 3362 is a gasoline-powered riding style lawn tractor that. Dixon riding mowers require regular upkeep in order to maintain peak running performance. This maintenance includes checking and changing the oil, greasing the fittings and sharpening the mower's blades regularly. It also includes checking the drive belt tension, which requires tightening if too loose.
Lift the engine cover and prop it in the upright position.
Grip the spark plug boot with a pair of pliers and pull it free from the spark plug top.
Locate the two wheel pulleys that the drive belt runs through. A bolt holds the left pulley in place and it can slide back and forth to adjust the belt tension. Wedge the long-handled screwdriver against this wheel pulley. Place the socket over the tension bolt and loosen it by turning it to the left.
Push forward with the screwdriver against the pulley to increase the belt tension. Once it reaches the desired location, tighten the tension bolt with the socket.
Replace the spark plug boot over the plug.
Things You Will Need
- Long screwdriver
- Socket set
- MTD 139 CC OHV Engine Specs
- Change the Transmission Fluid in a Sears Lawn Tractor
- Operate a John Deere Riding Lawn Mower
- Change a Drive Belt on a Zero Turn Lawnmower
- Change the Mower Blade of a Lawn Boy
- Remove a John Deere Mower Deck
- Replace a Craftsman Edger Blade
- Adjust Deck Height on a Yardman Riding Mower
- How Do I Change the Belt on a Husqvarna Riding Tractor?
- Restring a FeatherLite Weedeater
- Adjust the Drive Cable on a Craftsman Lawn Mower
- Lubricate the Drive Shaft of a Weed Eater Gas Trimmer