An above ground pool filter collects hair, dirt and other debris that fall into the pool. Weekly filter cleanings will keep the above ground pool filter working efficiently and effectively. In most cases the filter can be removed and hosed off to clean it. If you don't clean the filter weekly be sure to clean it once the pounds per square inch on the filter's gauge is between 8 and 10.
Remove the filter cartridge from the filter's housing.
Hose off the filter at a 45-degree angle to remove any surface debris.
Fill a bucket with 1 cup trisodium phosphate and 5 gallons of water. Place the filter into the bucket and allow it to soak from one hour to overnight.
Remove the filter from the bucket and hose it off until the water runs clean.
Replace the filter in its housing and close the lid.
Things You Will Need
- 1 cup trisodium phosphate (TSP)
- Installing Gazebo Support Beams
- Take Care of Roses
- Clean a Filter of a Saltwater Pool
- The Best Time to Cut Back Rose Bushes
- Are Chinese Palm Plants Poisonous to Cats?
- How Far Apart Should Apple Trees Be Planted?
- How Much Lime to Add to Water to Raise the PH From 7 to 8?
- Grow Zebra Grass
- The Best Time to Prune a Lilac Tree
- Clean an Oil Bath Air Filter
- Control Scale Insects on Indoor Plants