An above ground pool filter collects hair, dirt and other debris that fall into the pool. Weekly filter cleanings will keep the above ground pool filter working efficiently and effectively. In most cases the filter can be removed and hosed off to clean it. If you don't clean the filter weekly be sure to clean it once the pounds per square inch on the filter's gauge is between 8 and 10.
Remove the filter cartridge from the filter's housing.
Hose off the filter at a 45-degree angle to remove any surface debris.
Fill a bucket with 1 cup trisodium phosphate and 5 gallons of water. Place the filter into the bucket and allow it to soak from one hour to overnight.
Remove the filter from the bucket and hose it off until the water runs clean.
Replace the filter in its housing and close the lid.
Things You Will Need
- 1 cup trisodium phosphate (TSP)
- What Is the Best Type of Grass Seed for Virginia?
- Where Can I Purchase Peters Plant Food?
- Use Peppermint to Get Rid of Fleas
- When to Plant Grass Seed in West Virginia
- How Far Apart Do You Plant Tomatoes?
- How Fast Will a Whitespire Birch Tree Grow?
- How Long Do Sequoia Trees Live?
- How Tall Does a Caladium Get?
- Can Maple Trees Grow in Montana?
- Do Pine Trees Have a Taproot?
- What Is the Minimum Temperature for Begonia Tubers?
- Can Avocado Trees Live in Tennessee?