You can turn PVC pipe and plastic trellis into a beautiful and unique arbor trellis, using simple tools you probably already own. The necessary supplies are just as simple; you can find them at any local home improvement center or hardware store. You should be able to complete and set up your PVC arbor trellis in the same day. If you need to take down the trellis for some reason, it is just as easy to tear down.
Measure out a garden space that is 4 feet by 8 feet and mark the borders with powdered milk.
Dig 2-foot-deep holes at each corner of the planned area, using a post hole digger.
Place one PVC post in each hole. Compact the soil in the hole by stepping down on the soil all around the hole.
Attach one panel of PVC trellis to both PVC pipes on the 4-foot end. Secure the trellis to the PVC pipes with zip ties. Repeat for other end.
Cut one of the remaining PVC pipes into 4-foot lengths, using a hacksaw. Cut the remaining piece of this PVC pipe into four 2-inch pieces.
Lay out the two 10-foot pieces of PVC pipe on the ground. Attach elbows on each end of these pipes and follow with the 2-inch piece of PVC pipe on each elbow. Attach the PVC pipe "T" to this piece and place the remaining 4-foot pipe into the "T." Connect all this to the elbow that is attached to the 10-foot piece of PVC.
Lay the 4-foot by 8-foot piece of PVC lattice on top of this frame and zip-tie it to the posts. Lift and secure this frame to the top of the PVC posts in the ground, making sure to line up the PVC "T" with these posts.
Secure the top frame to the base by zip-tying the end trellis to the top frame.
Things You Will Need
- Measuring tape
- Powdered milk
- Post hole digger
- 7 pieces of 3/4-inch by 10-foot-long PVC pipe
- 3 sheets of 4-foot by 8-foot PVC trellis material
- 4-3/4-inch plastic elbow
- 4-3/4-inch plastic "T"
- Zip ties
- PVC pipe glue (optional)
- Installation Instructions for Pool Main Drains
- Install a 20-Foot Inground Flag Pole
- Design & Build a Landscape Waterfall
- Plant Asiatic Jasmine
- Build a Pole Bean Trellis
- Install Wedding Cake Steps
- Fix a Pool Liner Corner That Has Popped Out
- Pour Concrete Patios in Sections
- Plant Strawberries in a Plastic Barrel
- Build a Greenhouse With Cinder Blocks
- Care for an Alleghany Viburnum
- Transplant Allium