The Honda GX160 engine for pressure washers and other applications has a built-in safety feature to prevent damage. In situations where the oil level drops below safe operating levels, the Oil Alert system will automatically stop the engine from running. Once oil is brought to the appropriate level, the Oil Alert system will reset and the engine will again be able to start. The Oil Alert may cause some inconvenience, but the system can save the owner of the Honda GX160 money.
Remove the oil filler cap. A dipstick goes into the oil reservoir on the bottom side of the oil filler cap.
Use a rag to wipe off the dip stick and then replace the oil filler cap to acquire an adequate reading of the oil level.
Remove the oil filler cap and look at the dip stick. If the oil level shows on the “Add” mark on the dipstick then add more oil to the motor before starting it again.
Replace the oil filler cap after the oil has been filled and the readings on the dipstick are in the “Full” range.
Things You Will Need
- Replace a Poulan Chainsaw Oil Pump
- Change the Oil in a GTS-5 Toro Lawn Mower
- Install a Pressure Tank for a Sprinkler System
- Signs & Symptoms of a Blown Lawn Mower Head Gasket
- Change the Oil in Cub Cadet Lawn Mowers
- Clean a Lawn Mower Engine
- Clean Oil from a Swimming Pool
- Tune up a Honda Lawn Mower
- Bleed a Wacker Compactor System
- Craftsman Lawn Mower Maintenance
- Adjust the Idle in a Honda OHV Lawn Mower
- Adjust the Lawn Mower Carburetor