The Honda GX160 engine for pressure washers and other applications has a built-in safety feature to prevent damage. In situations where the oil level drops below safe operating levels, the Oil Alert system will automatically stop the engine from running. Once oil is brought to the appropriate level, the Oil Alert system will reset and the engine will again be able to start. The Oil Alert may cause some inconvenience, but the system can save the owner of the Honda GX160 money.
Remove the oil filler cap. A dipstick goes into the oil reservoir on the bottom side of the oil filler cap.
Use a rag to wipe off the dip stick and then replace the oil filler cap to acquire an adequate reading of the oil level.
Remove the oil filler cap and look at the dip stick. If the oil level shows on the “Add” mark on the dipstick then add more oil to the motor before starting it again.
Replace the oil filler cap after the oil has been filled and the readings on the dipstick are in the “Full” range.
Things You Will Need
- Maintain a Stihl Weedeater
- Troubleshoot a John Deere 4200
- Replace a Coil on a Briggs Engine
- Test a Lawn Mower Battery
- Add Transmission Oil to a John Deere 314
- Craftsman Lawn Mower Maintenance
- How a Governor on a Briggs & Stratton Engine Works
- Hydrostatic Problems in Yard Machines
- Prime a Lawn Sprinkler Pump
- Oil a Fan Motor
- Kohler 18 HP Magnum Twin Specs
- Get Bad Gas Out of a Push Mower