A Raindrip model R672CT water timer allows automatic watering of the lawn or garden when homeowners are at work, asleep or away from the home. A water timer screws onto the hose spigot and into a garden hose on the opposite end. The spigot is in the "on" position to allow the timer to work. When the timer reaches the preset frequency, the internal valve opens and allows water to flow for the duration of the setting on the timer. The valve closes after the run time is reached to shut off the water flow. Water timers save time and water lawns efficiently without worry or wasting water.
Grasp the waterproof cover and turn it counterclockwise to unscrew it. Lift the cover straight up and set it aside. Set the controls at the time you want the first watering session to occur.
Turn the frequency knob clockwise to a setting from one hour to 72 hours or to a week. An hourly setting will repeat the water process each amount of hours indicated. For example, setting the hourly frequency at 12 will enact watering at 5 a.m. and 5 p.m. each day. The “Week” setting will water the lawn once a week.
Turn the run time knob clockwise for the duration of watering in minutes. Turn the knob to 30 for a 30-minute watering session for each frequency set.
Place the waterproof cover on top of the timer, and turn it clockwise to tighten it.
- This water timer’s internal memory is set from the time the frequency and run time are set. For example, setting the timer at 6 a.m. for a 12 hour frequency and a run time of 20 minutes will start the water in 12 hours at 6 p.m. for a duration of 20 minutes and repeat this cycle every 12 hours.
- Install Bahia Sod
- Operate a John Deere Riding Lawn Mower
- Instructions for a Toro TMC-212 Sprinkler Timer
- Care for Kentucky Bluegrass
- What Are the Best Times for Watering the Lawn?
- Grow Bahia Grass
- Hunter Vs. Rainbird Rotor Sprinklers
- Start a Riding Lawn Mower
- Problems With Rain Bird ESP
- Overseed With a Lawn Dethatcher
- Program a Toro GreenKeeper Control Box for a Sprinkler System
- After Fertilizing Your Lawn, When Is it Safe to Let Your Pets on the Lawn