The best way to connect a pipe to concrete block when running a drain pipe or conduit pipe is to use pipe hangars and concrete screws. Most concrete blocks have hollow centers, which make using sleeve anchors difficult. Most pipe applications do not add stress to the concrete, making concrete screws an ideal fastener for the application. Pipe hanging clamps are semi-circular clamps that fit around one side of the pipe with a flange to connect the hanger to the wall.
Place the pipe on the wall and set a 4-foot level across the top of the pipe. Ask an assistant to hold the pipe at a level position. Place the pipe clamps over the pipe and mark the mounting hole onto the wall. Remove the pipe from the wall.
Drill pilot holes through the concrete block with a hammer drill and bit slightly smaller in diameter than the concrete screw.
Place the pipe hanging clamps around the pipe and place the pipe on the wall. Ask your helper to hold the pipe in place and line up the clamp mounting holes with the pilot holes in the concrete block.
Insert a socket adapter into a cordless drill that fits the head of the concrete screw. Secure the clamps to the wall with the concrete screw. Operate the drill at a low speed until the base of the screw head makes contact with the camp. Slowly tighten the screw until the clamp is snug against the wall. Do not over-tighten the screw.
Things You Will Need
- 4-foot level
- Human helper
- Pipe hanging clamps
- Hammer drill
- Concrete screws 1 1/4-inch long
- Cordless drill
- Socket adapters for drill
- Concrete screws and pipe hanging bracket clamps are available at home improvement centers.
- Concrete screws have hex heads that make installation quick when using a socket adapter.
- Install a Cabinet on a Concrete Block Wall
- Install a Sliding Gate Rail on Concrete
- Building Raised Vegetable Garden Beds
- Clean the Filter System on an Above Ground Pool
- Clean Urine Stains on Concrete
- Install a 20-Foot Inground Flag Pole
- Screw Into Concrete
- Grow an Ornamental Sweet Potato Vine
- Install a Needle Valve for a Lawnmower
- Fill a Cub Cadet Hydro Home Tractor With Hydraulic Fluid
- MTD 139 CC OHV Engine Specs
- Use Polaris Pool Cleaner