A sign is handy to advertise your business, display something in your home, or to direct people to an event. If you are going to be placing a sign in one location often, you may want to consider mounting a post in the ground. This will provide you with a permanent location for your sign which will be sturdy enough to remain standing. This is a fun project which can be done in a few hours.
Dig a hole which is 18 inches deep with the post hole digger. Try to make the bottom as flat as possible.
Pour the cement mix in a wheelbarrow and add water. Mix with the shovel. The concrete needs to be the consistency of thick mud.
Place the post in the hole. Fill the hole with concrete so it is even with the ground level.
Place the level on the pole and position the pole so it is straight. The thick concrete should hold it in place. Allow it to dry for 24 hours.
Things You Will Need
- Post hole digger
- Wooden or metal sign post
- Concrete mix
- Repel Chickens
- Is Lucky Bamboo Poisonous to Cats?
- Grow Cotton
- Is a Horsetail Plant Dangerous to Dogs?
- Grow an Ornamental Sweet Potato Vine
- Grow Zebra Grass
- Repair a Heaved Pavement Driveway
- When to Plant Azalea Bushes
- Take Care of Roses
- The Average Size of the Venus Fly Trap
- Build a Wood Seawall
- Harvest & Store Green Beans