Thuja Green Giants are tall, fast growing evergreen trees. They are perfect for planting on the edge of your property for privacy purposes or even just for blocking wind. These trees can get as tall as 40 feet, but they typically stay within the 20- to 30-foot range. With the proper care, you can ensure that your Thuja Green Giants reach their full potential.
Fertilize at the beginning of the first spring season after planting the tree. Adding fertilizer right away may stunt the growth of a Thuja Green Giant.
Use a 10-10-10 fertilizer every two weeks starting after the last frost of the season and until the first week of summer. Use of a stronger fertilizer during the first year of the tree's life could kill the roots.
Decrease the amount of fertilizer to once per month during the summer. Continue fertilizing the tree until the ground begins to frost over.
Stop fertilizing your Thuja Green Giant during the winter.
Fertilize the tree in the same time increments for as long as you have the tree. You can begin using a stronger fertilizer on the second year.
Things You Will Need
- 10-10-10 slow-release fertilizer
- Keep the soil moist at all times to ensure maximum tree growth.
- Read the fertilizer package for directions on how to apply the fertilizer. All brands of fertilizer have slightly different directions.
- Get Rid of Stink Bugs
- Make Thuja Green Giant Trees Grow Fast
- Fertilize Apricot Trees
- Fertilize Leyland Cypress
- Feed Plum Trees
- Care for Loropetalum Plants
- Installing Gazebo Support Beams
- Care for a Prairie Fire Crabapple Tree
- The Best Grass Seed in Southern California
- Grow Australian Tea Trees (Leptospermum laevigatum)
- Grow Hinoki Cypress
- Take Care of Thuja Occidentalis