Fels-Naptha is a brand of laundry soap which is used to get rid of insects. It is also used to treat tough clothing stains and alleviate poison ivy. You can buy Fels-Naptha soap in most drug stores and supermarkets. You can use Fels-Naptha soap to kill insects on your clothing and person or in your garden. You merely have to distribute the soap differently, depending on what area you are treating. In some instances, you may have to re-treat the area with Fels-Naptha soap to effectively get rid of the insects.
Wash your body with Fels-Naptha soap. Use the bar soap as you would traditional soap, moving it over your body and then rinsing with clean water. The soap will help to kill any insects on your body and soothe any bug bites.
Keep Fels-Naptha soap away from your eyes. It contains Stoddard solvent, a white spirit which can be highly irritating to the eyes. If you get Fels-Naptha soap in your eyes, rinse promptly with cool water.
Grate a bar of Fels-Naptha soap. Mix 3 tbsp. of the grated soap with 1 gallon of boiling water. Stir the solution and allow it to fully cool. Place the solution in a water bottle and spray it over your garden. The mixture will kill existing insects and keep new insects at bay.
Cut a bar of Fels-Naptha soap into 1-inch pieces. Distribute the pieces throughout your garden, placing them at the bases of plants. The soap will repel insects.
Treat clothing with Fels-Naptha soap. Rub the bar directly onto your clothing prior to laundering it. If any insects exist on your clothing, it will kill them. The soap will also kill any insect eggs that may be present on the clothing.
Things You Will Need
- Fels-Naptha soap
- Boiling water
- Spray bottle
- Do not ingest Fels-Naptha soap.
- Make Homemade Insect Plant Spray
- Do Easter Lilies Like Sun or Shade?
- Wash Fruits & Vegetables With Peroxide
- Mix Spectracide Diazinon Insect Spray
- Make Homemade Natural Mosquito Insecticide
- Use Insecticide for Potted Plants
- Repel Black Widow Spiders
- Clean Pet Stains on Concrete
- Make a Garden Squirrel Repellent
- Bring Outdoor Plants Inside to Protect From Bugs
- When Do You Plant Lilac Bushes: In the Fall or Spring?
- Kill Japanese Beetles With a Mixture of Ammonia