Owning a pool can be a blessing and a curse. While pools provide endless hours of fun and entertaining, they also provide hours of cleaning and maintenance. To keep your pool looking and feeling clean, there are certain steps you must always take. Pool ownership should not be taken lightly. A beautiful pool can be a selling point to a house, while a poorly maintained pool is a drawback. To keep your pool looking beautiful, there are five steps you need to follow.
Test the chlorine in the water to make sure it is at the recommended level. You can purchase test kits at any local discount store.
Rub a chlorine tablet on discolored or mildewed grout. This should take care of any minor discolorations.
Rent a glass bead blaster to blast calcium deposits off the pool tile.
Scrub the tile once a week with a special tile brush that attaches to your pool pole.
Purchase a pool vacuum and leave it running each day for at least 4 hours. You can even leave it on while you swim.
Things You Will Need
- Pool pole
- Tile scrubber attachment
- Skimmer basket
- Chlorine tablets
- Pool vacuum
- An easy way to add chlorine is with a skimmer basket. Simply place 3 tablets in the basket and let them dissolve at once.
- If you let dirty, moldy grout get away from you, it can be difficult to battle.
- Repair a Heaved Pavement Driveway
- Fix a Crack in a Ceramic Flower Pot
- fix discolored concrete (Eco-friendly)
- Clean the Ring Around the Pool Tile
- Are Chinese Palm Plants Poisonous to Cats?
- Cure a Concrete Block & Mortar
- Remove Cement & Mortar Stains From Paving Stones
- Sterilize Mower Blades
- Remove Haze From Brick
- Grow an Ornamental Sweet Potato Vine
- The Average Size of the Venus Fly Trap
- Fix Tiled Swimming Pool Leaks