How to Get Rid of Ants With Essential Oils. Every day the news seems to tell a story about some new dangerous chemical in our air, water or food. Aromatherapy essential oils can be used to not only keep pesky ants away from your home. It also lessens the toxic load in your environment. Read on to learn more.
Fill a plastic spray bottle with water and 10 to 15 drops of peppermint oil. Spray this mixture strategically around your house to keep ants away. Ants don't like the smell of the essential oil of peppermint.
Try this recipe to keep ants running in the other direction. Take 8 ounces of dish soap (or any mild liquid soap) and add one ounce of each of the following: pennyroyal, peppermint, citronella, cinnamon, rose and tea oil. Spray problem areas with this mixture.
Sprinkle a few drops of full-strength peppermint oil around trash cans and corners of your bathroom or pantry. Test finishes or paint jobs to make sure the oil does not cause damage.
Combine 10 to 15 drops of pennyroyal and peppermint in a spray bottle with water for another version of ant deterrent for the home. Flower gardeners know the power of pennyroyal to diminish ant populations outside.
Mix drops of spearmint, tansy and pennyroyal oils in a spray bottle with water for another variety of natural ant spray.
- Homemade Pesticide for a Vegetable Garden
- Make Mosquito Repellent at Home
- Kill Ants in a Florida Yard
- Rose Geranium Oil for Tick Control
- Use Peppermint to Get Rid of Fleas
- Get Rid of Rabbits Eating Flowers
- What Are the Dangers of Sassafras Tea?
- Get Rid of Flies & Horseflies
- Get Rid of Ants in My Garden
- Organic Repellents for Grasshoppers
- Use Oregano Oil in a Humidifier
- Mosquito Repellents for the Home