The Worx 2-in-1 electric grass trimmer offers a quick and efficient way to trim the tall grasses and weeds around your lawn and garden. However, like most power tools, these trimmers can break down and quit working. Several common problems can cause a malfunction, which if overlooked, can stop the trimmer from working. Most problems occur at the power source and the trimmer head. Before taking the trimmer in for repair, or throwing it out, troubleshoot these common problem areas.
Unhook the battery from the back end of the trimmer. Connect the battery charging station to a standard wall outlet. Make sure the green light illuminates on the charging station.
Insert the battery completely into the charging station. Make sure the red light appears, which lets you know that it’s charging. Wait at least one hour for the battery to fully charge.
Wipe off the positive and negative terminals on the battery and your charging station, if the red and green lights don’t illuminate when they’re plugged in. Try a replacement battery if they still don’t illuminate. If the replacement battery doesn’t work, the charging station may need to be replaced.
Plug the charged battery into the trimmer. Press in the lock button, on the side of the rear handle, and depress the trigger. If the lock button doesn’t work, the head won’t spin, so the lock button will need to be replaced.
Turn the trimmer upside down and unscrew the cover on the head of the trimmer. Take the cover off and the spool out. Check the condition of the cover, the spool and the line. If the cover or spool are broken, the head may not spin. If the line is improperly wound, the head won’t spin and the line won’t come out.
- Remove the Spool on a Yard-Man String Trimmer
- Bypass a Flow Sensor in a Pool Heater
- Remove a Pull Rope Cover on a Bolens Model Bl160
- Replace the Trimmer Cord on a Yard Machine Y28
- Replace the Speed Spool on a Troy-Bilt String Trimmer
- Test the Cub Cadet 2135 Solenoid
- Remove the Starter Solenoid on a Murray Mower
- Turn on the Front Headlights of a Husqvarna Lawn Mower
- STIHL Weedeater Troubleshooting
- Replace the String on a Toro Trimmer
- Troubleshooting an Electric Lawnmower
- Replace Rainbird Sprinklers