Gladiator GarageWorks are a brand of garage improvement and storage products. The GarageWorks GearTrack channels are wall-mounted PVC channels. Once the channels are installed you can select from a range of accessories, such as hooks, baskets, shelves and cabinets. The GearTrack products allow you to use ready-made solutions to organize your garage. Attaching the channels to a concrete wall requires that you pick up a few extra items at the hardware store.
Measure and mark with the pencil where you want the GearTrack channels to be located. Hold the channels in position and use the level to make certain the channels will be mounted level and put pencil marks under the leveled channels. Cut the channels to the lengths necessary for your application and wall space.
Apply construction adhesive to the backs of the channels. Place and hold each channel in position until the adhesive cures enough to keep the channel in position on the wall.
Drill holes with the masonry drill bit every 24 inches through the GarageWorks channel at the grooves in the channel. Two grooves exist in each channel so you will drill two screw holes at each position. Drill each hole 1 3/4 inches deep measured from the groove in the channel -- set the drill bit in the drill so you automatically drill to the correct depth.
Install a masonry screw in each of the holes you have drilled. Screw in the screws until the screw head is flush with the channel's surface.
Things You Will Need
- Hammer drill
- 5/32 masonry drill bit
- 5/16 x 1 3/4 flathead masonry screws
- Tape measure
- Caulk gun with construction adhesive
- If you plan to use Gladiator GearBoxes on your GearTrack channels, the channels must be mounted 18 inches apart, from the top of one channel to the bottom of the one above.
- GearTrack channels should not be cut and used in lengths shorter than 24 inches.
- Use a helper for a second set of hands while you measure, level, mark and drill.