The Wacker DPU 6055 is a walk-behind vibratory compactor suitable for compacting all types of soil as well as setting interlocking paving stones and concrete blocks. The DPU 6055 is powered by a 14.1 horsepower Hatz diesel engine and is capable of hydraulically-controlled forward and reverse operation at up to 92 feet per minute. An automatic centrifugal clutch and V-belt delivers engine power to the exciter which transmits centrifugal compacting forces to the base plate. The DPU 6055 is 22.1 inches wide, 33.5 inches high and weighs 1,016 pounds.
Remove the screws securing the apron around the bottom of the compactor and remove the apron to expose the hydraulic pump and hydraulic connection screw.
Move the control handle into the upright vertical position. Move the shift lever on the control handle into Reverse.
Open the hydraulic system filler port located in the center of the control handle.
Loosen the hydraulic system connection screw located at the bottom left side of the compactor.
Push the shift lever slowly into the Forward position and hold until hydraulic oil without visible bubbles emerges from the connection screw.
Tighten the connection screw. Reinstall the apron.
Check the level of hydraulic oil inside the hydraulic filler bore on top of the control handle. The level should be even with the marking inside the filler. Top up the filler with hydraulic oil if required.
Things You Will Need
- Change the Transmission Fluid in a Sears Lawn Tractor
- Adjust a Riding Lawn Mower Carburetor
- Convert a Lawn Mower Handle to a Folding Handle
- Get Bad Gas Out of a Push Mower
- Remove & Replace a Carburetor on a Craftsman Mower
- Get Rid of Stink Bugs
- Remove the Carburetor from a Toro Lawnmower
- Replace the Pull Cord on an MTD Mower
- Change the Oil on a Troy-Bilt Lawn Mower Model 556
- Start Echo Chainsaws
- Problem with Oil Leaking onto Clutch of Stihl MS250
- Stihl HS 80 Hedge Trimmer Troubleshooting