A large above-ground pool such as the Intex Ultra Frame can hold thousands of gallons of water. That water provides a great deal of enjoyment when the weather is hot, but it can become an issue when the swimming season is over. Simply draining the Intex Ultra Frame pool into your yard can create a swampland behind your home, and a flood in your basement. Taking the time to drain your pool properly helps you prepare for the off-season without causing any problems.
Feel along the side of the pool wall until you find the drain plug cap. Remove the drain plug cap and set it aside in a safe place.
Take a hose and attach the female end to a hose adapter. If your Intex round Ultra Frame pool did not come with a hose adapter, you can buy one separately at the Intex website or your local Intex retailer.
Move the end of the hose to an area away from the foundation of your house, where the water can be safely drained out of the pool. Screw the end of the hose adapter onto the drain valve on the side of the Intex pool. Water will immediately start to flow into the hose and drain out of the pool.
Disconnect the hose adapter from the drain valve when the pool is empty. Put the cap back on the drain valve.
Things You Will Need
- Hose adapter
- When Do You Plant Lilac Bushes: In the Fall or Spring?
- Use Polaris Pool Cleaner
- Clean Urine Stains on Concrete
- When to Plant Azalea Bushes
- Remove Drain Cap on Hayward Filter
- Pool Skimmer Not Sucking to Full Potential
- Building Raised Vegetable Garden Beds
- Grow Zebra Grass
- Attach a Garden Hose to Weed Killer
- Why Are My Vegetable Plants Turning Yellow?
- What Is the Best Type of Grass Seed for Virginia?
- Installing Gazebo Support Beams