The Troy Bilt Super Bronco is a 42-inch riding lawn tractor suitable for mowing residential properties up to 1.5 acres. Driven by a 20-inch Kohler engine, the Super Bronco features a side-discharge mowing deck with five height adjustments. A single deck V-belt drives all cutting functions. It should be replaced if signs of excessive wear are apparent. Replace the Super Bronco drive belt with a Troy Bilt OEM replacement only.
Turn off the engine, and remove the ignition key.
Unscrew the single self-tapping screw that secures the belt-keeper rod around the engine pulley on the front of the engine. Remove the belt-keeper rod.
Take the drive belt off the engine pulley and the idler pulleys.
Place the PTO control in the "Off" position.
Move the deck lift lever located on the right fender to the bottom notch.
Take out the clip that holds the PTO cable to the back side of the cutting deck.
Pull out the left deck support pin on the rear-left side of the tractor.
Pull out the right deck support pin on the rear-right side of the tractor.
Raise the deck lift arms by moving the deck lift lever into the top notch.
Push the cutting deck forward, disengaging the deck hooks from the deck stabilizer rod.
Move to the left side of the tractor, and gently pull the cutting deck from underneath it.
Take out the self-tapping screws that retain the left and right belt guards, and remove the belt guards.
Loosen the deck idler pulleys, but do not remove them.
Remove the drive belt from around all pulleys.
Install the new belt into all pulleys. Consult the manufacturer's belt routing diagram, if necessary.
Replace the belt guards. Mount the deck to the tractor.
Place the belt around the engine pulley, and install the belt keeper rod.
Things You Will Need
- Adjust Deck Height on a Yardman Riding Mower
- Fix the Drive Cable on a Troy Bilt 860
- Remove the Blade on a Toro Zero-Turn Lawn Mower
- Replace a Poulan Chainsaw Oil Pump
- How Do I Adjust The Drive Belt Tension on a Dixon Mower Model 3362?
- Change a Drive Belt on a Zero Turn Lawnmower
- Fix the Idler Spring on a Zero-Turn Mower
- Take off Lawn Mower Blades
- Disassemble a Reel Mower
- Drive a Riding Lawn Mower
- Change Blades on a Finish Mower
- Put a Drive Belt on a 42 Inch Murray Riding Mower