Anyone who has been stung by a wasp understands cringing at the sight of one. To protect your family and your home, make your own wasp repellent with ingredients from your kitchen.
Create homemade wasp repellent by chopping three garlic bulbs. Place them in 2 cups of white vinegar overnight, then strain the vinegar into a spray bottle and add an equal amount of water to it. For added repellent power, add a few drops of citrus oil to the spray bottle.
The odor of this repellent is quite strong when first applied. It works best when sprayed around the exterior of your home or near outdoor areas like the grill or a picnic table where you do not wish to encounter wasps. Do not spray the solution on your pets; it is not harmful, but they will not like it.
If you need a solution that will both repel wasps and kill any that come too near, add a teaspoon of dishwashing liquid to the mixture. This makes the repellent spray deadly. Dish soap penetrates the soft body of a wasp and poisons it.
- Ant Control
- Get Rid of Wasps Without Killing Them
- Use Household Dish Soap to Control Aphids
- Keep Ants Away From Citrus Trees
- Homemade Citrus Spray as a Cat Deterrent
- Kill Japanese Beetles With a Mixture of Ammonia
- Use Peppermint Oil for Pest Control
- Kill Tree Roaches
- Use Vinegar to Get Rid of Fungus Gnats on a House Plant
- Kill Bees Safely and Naturally With Soap
- How Far Apart Should Apple Trees Be Planted?
- Use Orange Peels to Kill Ants