The Kohler MV18 is the manufacturer's 18-horsepower model in Kohler's Magnum series. It is used in lawn tractors and other machines and is a vertical crankshaft engine.
This 18-horsepower Magnum MV18 puts out a maximum of 39 foot-pounds of torque at 2,600 rotations per minute (rpm). It produces the 18 horsepower at 3,600 rpm.
Bore, Stroke and Displacement
The bore and stroke for the MV18 are 3.12 inches and 2.75 inches, respectively. The engine's displacement is 42.18 cubic inches.
Oil and Fuel
With the filter, the MV18's oil capacity is 2 quarts. Straight 30 weight oil is recommended, such as Kohler Magnum oil. Kohler doesn't recommend SAE 10W-30 over 32 degrees Fahrenheit due to an increase in oil consumption. Use clean, unleaded gasoline, 87 octane or higher. You can also use gasohol that is no more than 10-percent ethyl alcohol.
- Is Lucky Bamboo Poisonous to Cats?
- Design Ideas for Small Gardens
- The Best Riding Mowers for Ditches
- Which Spark Plug Should Be Used in a Kohler 15 HP Lawn Mower Engine?
- Building Raised Vegetable Garden Beds
- Change Oil in a Simplicity Coronet Mower
- Clean a Lawn Mower Engine
- How Fast Do Lilac Bushes Grow?
- What Type Oil Is Used in Push Lawn Mowers?
- How a Governor on a Briggs & Stratton Engine Works
- The Best Grass Seed in Southern California
- Grow an Ornamental Sweet Potato Vine