The rules and regulations of the town of Brookhaven, Connecticut state that homeowners must place a fence around an outside in-ground swimming pool, spa, hot tub or above-ground pool. Fencing requirements are designed to reduce drowning accidents.
According to the Connecticut State Building Code, fences are required around any type of outdoor spa or pool. Fences are required to be at least 48 inches above the finished ground level of the pool. Maximum vertical clearance between the ground level and fence should be 2 inches on the side of the fence.
Pools that are above ground require a fence for the top of the pool. Fences are mounted on the top of the pool structure, and the opening between the top of the pool frame and fence cannot allow a space of a 4-inch diameter sphere. Solid fences cannot have protrusions or indentations. Above-ground pools that have a ladder or steps as a means of pool access are required to be surrounded with a barrier.
Fences that are made from chain link mesh have mesh size requirements. Maximum mesh size for all chain link fences around pools in Brookhaven must be 1 1/4-inch square. Larger chain link mesh is allowed if the fence has slats that reduce the size of the mesh to 1 1/4 inches. Lattice fences are allowed as long as the maximum opening size does not exceed 1 3/4 inches.
- Do it Yourself Sliding Gate Opener
- Install a Drainage Pipe in Your Yard
- Minimum Width of Pool Deck Required
- Diving Board Height Regulations
- Make a Grape Trellis
- How Thick Is a Typical Chimney Footer Poured?
- Dig a Hole for a Pool
- Use Concrete Blocks for Cattle Guards
- How Much Room Is Needed for an Above Ground Pool?
- 25 Meter Swimming Pool Specifications
- Reinforce Retaining Walls
- Florida Laws on Residential Pools