Spruce is easy to split, and catches fire easily. Spruce is a softwood, which means it seasons more quickly than hardwoods.
Spruce does not produce high amounts of heat, but does produce a number of sparks, which is a safety concern. Spruce contains large amounts of sap, which can get on your skin and clothes, and is difficult to clean up.
Overall, spruce is a poor choice for firewood, due to the low heat output.
- Plant Spruce Trees
- Prune a Damaged Spruce
- Kill Pine Trees
- Meyer's Spruce Planting Instructions
- Interesting Facts About Spruce Trees
- Varieties of Spruce Trees
- The Best Time of Year to Trim Pine Trees
- Plant Grass After Removing a Spruce Tree
- Care for Spruce Trees
- Plant Spruce Cone Seeds
- Blue Spruce Trees
- Poplar Firewood Identification