Having a lush, green lawn takes a significant amount of work. Included in that work is fertilizing and watering your grass. However, one of the most important ways to maintain your lawn is simply mowing it. If you own a John Deere riding lawnmower, it's important to know how to operate it correctly. Becoming familiar with your John Deere riding lawnmower is the first step toward a well-manicured lawn.
Sit in the lawnmower seat. Turn the key to the "Start" position for no more than five seconds. Release the key when the engine starts.
Push the clutch/brake pedal and shift into desired gear. Release the clutch/brake pedal and drive to where you will begin cutting grass. Adjust the throttle to control speed as necessary.
Press the clutch/brake to stop the lawnmower and adjust the cutting height to your desired level. The cutting height adjustment lever should be to the left of the seat.
Push the throttle all the way up, and engage the mower blades. This is done by either pulling a switch up or pushing a lever forward, depending on your model of John Deere riding lawnmower.
Release the clutch/brake and cut your grass. To stop cutting grass, disengage mower blades, raise the mower deck all the way up and drive the lawnmower to its resting spot. Then, turn it off by turning the key to the "Off" position.
Things You Will Need
- Hearing protection
- John Deere riding lawnmower
- Wear appropriate hearing protection when cutting grass. Lawnmowers are extremely loud and can cause hearing damage.
- Remove the Deck on a Craftsman Lawn Tractor
- Change the Self Propelled Belt on a Toro
- Fix the Drive Cable on a Troy Bilt 860
- Start a Riding Lawn Mower
- Replace a Belt on a Honda Lawn Mower
- When Is Grass Seed Ready to Harvest?
- Adjust the Drive Cable on a Craftsman Lawn Mower
- Make Snapper Lawn Mower Height Adjustments
- Start Echo Chainsaws
- How To Start a John Deere Riding Mower
- Kill Dallis Grass in Centipede Grass
- Adjust Deck Height on a Yardman Riding Mower