Pressure washers have the ability to clean cars, buildings, homes, sheds or any durable area that needs treatment. The pressure washer itself can be altered to change the pressure of the water coming out of the machine. There are two common ways to achieve this.
Adjusting the Motor Valve of the Engine
Change the regulator knob to adjust water pressure. Often the knob is located on the outside of the machine.
Refer to the washer's customer service number or manual if the pressure washer does not have an external knob to change the pressure. This could be an internal feature.
Contact the store of purchase for further assistance. They may be able to provide advice on how to remedy the washer or service it themselves.
Adjusting the Angle and Distance of the Pressure Washer's Water Stream
Start washing an area from a distance (more than five feet) and at a wider angle (closer to 90 degrees.) Different surfaces require different amounts of water pressure.
Move closer to the surface and shorten the angle of the nozzle (less than 90 degrees) if more pressure is needed (dirtier areas.) This will also concentrate the water for smaller areas.
Switch between wide angles and distances and smaller angles/closer distances to thoroughly clean a wide area, depending on the varying surfaces.
Things You Will Need
- Pressure washer
- Source of electricity
- Starting from a distance and keeping the angle of the pressure washer wide helps to keep the water from spraying haphazardly.
- Test small areas of a surface to ensure that the pressure of the washer is not too strong.
- Too much pressure with a pressure washer can permanently destroy certain surfaces. Use caution and lower pressure when beginning a project.
- How Do I Repair a Hayward H400 Pool Heater?
- Hunter Vs. Rainbird Rotor Sprinklers
- Repair an Old Riding Lawn Mower
- Troubleshoot an Onga Pool Pump
- Use an Impact Wrench
- Clean Pool Tile and Grout
- Troubleshoot a WhisperFlo Pool Pump
- replace a Quickclean II swimming pool cleaner popup head
- Grease a Cub Cadet LT1045
- Adjust Irritrol Sprinkler Heads
- Specifications for the Honda GX160
- Troubleshooting a Raypak Digital Pool Heater