Strawberries are sweet, bright red fruits that are full of nutrients and low in calories. This fruit is easily recognized by its unique shape and seeds that grow on the outside. Strawberry seeds can be taken from the fruit and planted to grow new strawberry plants, but it can be difficult to remove the seeds without destroying the strawberry. However, if you spend a little time on it, you can harvest the seeds and still enjoy the fruit.
Cut the green stems and leaves off the top of the strawberries with a sharp knife.
Slice the outer layer of the strawberries off with the knife. Cut just deep enough so no seeds remain on the strawberry.
Place the seeds in a blender and add enough water to cover them.
Blend the strawberry seeds for three to five seconds on medium speed. The good seeds will sink to the bottom of the blender while the bad seeds and strawberry pulp will float to the top.
Pour the contents of the blender out slowly. Pull the seeds out from the bottom of the blender with your hands.
Things You Will Need
- Start Strawberry Seeds Indoors
- Germinate Strawberry Seeds
- How Do I Fertilize Strawberries With Miracle-Gro?
- Plant Strawberry Seeds
- Fertilize Strawberry Plants
- Can You Grow Strawberries From a Berry?
- Seed Blackberries
- Winterize Potted Strawberry Plants
- Prune Strawberry Plants
- Stages of Strawberry Seed Germination
- Start a Strawberry Farm
- Start a Dragon Fruit Cactus From Seed