A moonflower vine is a flowering plant that thrives in warm weather. These twining plants can cover a large area with leaves and blossoms that are always a pleasure to look at and smell. If the local ant population has taken a liking to your moonflower vine, you may be at a loss as to how to remove all those ants from all those vines. It’s easier than you would have guessed with a few simple tactics that are sure to send ants packing.
Slice or peel cucumbers and spread the peels all around your plant and underneath it. Ants can’t stand the smell of cucumbers and will find a new place to look for food.
Fill a spray bottle with soapy water. Spray your plant regularly. The soap won’t hurt the plant, but it will kill off ants. Those that survive won’t be as inclined to come back if you stay on top of this.
Spray your plant with citrus oils to keep ants away. If you see ants around your plant, spray them too. Ants can’t stand the smell and will flee.
Wrap the pot your moonflower vine is in with tape so that the sticky side is facing out. As ants begin to traverse up the side of the pot they will get stuck and never make it. Change the tape every now and then to get rid of angry immobile ants.
Set a piece of fruit on a mound of dirt near the moonflower vine to attract foraging ants. When the ants are swarming at the bait pour hot water over them to kill them. Repeat this process as many times as needed to send a clear message to ants to move on.
Things You Will Need
- Dish soap
- Spray bottle
- Citrus oils
- Fruit (to use as bait)
- If you chose to use commercial product to kill ants read and follow the manufacturer's instructions carefully as many of these products aren't safe to use around children and pets.
- Rid Ants From My Fig Trees Organically
- Kill Ants on House Plants
- Bait a Skunk
- Keep Squirrels out of Bird Feeders
- Kill Lawn Ants Without Harming Pets
- Kill Fire Ants in the Garden
- Get Rid of Ants in Plants
- Grow a Sweet Potato Vine as a House Plant
- Kill Ants With Corn Meal
- Kill Fire Ants in the Yard
- Repot a Venus Flytrap
- Find a Yellow Jacket Hive