Potted flowers can make great gifts for Mother's Day or a birthday, and also can be used to create colorful centerpieces for any type of occasion. Wrapping the pots with paper makes them more festive and is a quick, inexpensive way to freshen up flower pots that are old or have any flaws. Use leftover wrapping paper in designs or colors to match the holiday or celebration, and finish it off with matching ribbon.
Select any size clay flower pot and consider shopping at thrift stores for inexpensive pots. If making a centerpiece, use three to five flower pots to be grouped together and vary the sizes of the pots if desired or keep them all the same size. Each guest can take one as a gift after the celebration is over.
Plant your flowers in the pot following the specific planting instructions for the flowers. Water your newly planted flowers well and set aside to allow the excess water to drain out from the drainage holes in the bottom of the pot.
Lay a piece of wrapping paper flat on your table and set the flower pot directly in the middle of the paper. Pull the edges of the paper up around the pot and crinkle slightly with your hands to shape around the pot.
Cut a piece of 1/2-inch wide ribbon twice the size as the diameter of the pot. Wrap the ribbon tightly around the top of the pot about 1 inch down from the edge. Tie in a knot to hold the paper and then form a bow with the loose ends.
Things You Will Need
- Clay flower pots
- Wrapping paper
- Wrap together three layers of tissue paper around the flower pot instead of using wrapping paper and tie a piece of matching color raffia around it to hold in place.
- Substitute silk or dried flowers and secure them in the flower pot with floral foam; cover the top of the foam with Spanish moss.
- Cone Wrap Flowers
- Wrap a Plant Pot
- Make Pressed-Flower Bookmarks
- Mount Dry Flowers
- Embed Flowers Into Resin
- Dry Flowers With Hairspray
- Use Cranberries in Floral Centerpieces
- Make a Single Flower Corsage
- Make a Hanging Flower Pot
- Make Homemade Flower Pots
- Make Peat Moss Flower Pots
- Coat Flowers in Resin