Honda makes a number of lawnmower engines that are used both on Honda branded mowers and mowers made by other manufacturers. Honda engines are very quiet and reliable. The choke system will depend on the manufacturer, with some adding an automatic choke and others using manual chokes, especially on lower cost lawnmowers.
Type, Displacement and Shaft Dimensions
The Honda 160cc lawnmower engine is an air cooled, one-cylinder, overhead cam vertical shaft output engine with a compression ratio of 8.5:1. The cylinder in the engine is 7/8 inch in diameter and 3 5/32 inches long.
Power and Torque
The Honda 160cc lawnmower engine has a maximum speed of 3,300 rpm and can output 7.1 to 8.4 foot pounds of torque, depending on the exact configuration. Most 160cc Honda mower engines output around 5.5 horsepower.
Mounting Base and Shaft Keyway
Honda 160cc mower engines mount on an 8-inch base and use a 3/16-inch shaft keyway to pass the drive shaft through the mower deck to the blades.
Oil Capacity, Air Cleaner and Lubrication System
The 160cc Honda lawn mower engine holds .58 quarts of oil. The engine is lubricated using a splash type lubrication system and uses a dry air cleaner.
Timing Belt, Ignition System and Engine Brake
The Honda 160cc lawn mower engine uses an internal timing belt and a transistorized magneto ignition system. This engine features a flywheel brake to slow and stop the blades when the engine slows or stops.
- MTD 139 CC OHV Engine Specs
- Kohler 18 HP Magnum Twin Specs
- Poulan 3800 Chainsaw Specifications
- Do it Yourself Sliding Gate Opener
- Change the Oil on a Troy-Bilt Lawn Mower Model 556
- Change the Blade on a Yard Machine Lawn Tractor
- Yazoo Lawn Mower Specs
- How Do I Adjust The Drive Belt Tension on a Dixon Mower Model 3362?
- Kohler Engine K301 Specs
- Clean the Carburetor on a 6.5 Toro Lawn Mower
- The Best Grass Seed in Southern California
- Top Rated Commercial Walk-Behind Mowers