There are lawn tractors and many different sizes of garden tractors, but the lawn tractor is the ideal choice for small acreages of up to 2 acres without many obstacles. Price is only one consideration when purchasing a lawn tractor. Attachments--such as a cart, an aerator or a sunshade--are also available for your convenience. This type of lawn tractor is preferable for those who do not want to spend much time working the ground or mowing.
Determine your budget. It is important to keep in mind your price range when choosing the right tractor for you.
Choose a lawn tractor that has the engine in the front with the mowing deck below the engine. This type has a larger engine than normal riding mowers and will have a better turning radius as well.
Determine the deck size or the mowing radius that is sufficient for your acreage. For example, a 1/2-to-1-acre area will require a mowing radius of 42 inches; 1-to-2-acre sites will need up to a 46-inch mowing radius, while a 2-to-3-acre area will require a 46-, 50- or 54-inch deck.
- The larger the mowing radius, the faster you can mow the grass. A 54-inch deck 24 percent faster than a 42-inch deck, because you are mowing more grass at once.
- Change a Drive Belt on a Zero Turn Lawnmower
- Level a Mower Deck for a Toro
- How Many Square Feet Are in a Pallet of Zoysia Sod?
- Wheel Horse Tractor Information
- Specifications for a Cub Cadet 173 CC OHV Lawn Mower
- The Best Riding Mowers for Ditches
- Kohler Engine K301 Specs
- The Best Lawn Mowers for Women
- Problems With Husqvarna Lawn Mowers
- Turn on the Front Headlights of a Husqvarna Lawn Mower
- How Heavy Should a Lawn Roller Be?
- Where Can I Buy Sod for My Lawn?