There are lawn tractors and many different sizes of garden tractors, but the lawn tractor is the ideal choice for small acreages of up to 2 acres without many obstacles. Price is only one consideration when purchasing a lawn tractor. Attachments--such as a cart, an aerator or a sunshade--are also available for your convenience. This type of lawn tractor is preferable for those who do not want to spend much time working the ground or mowing.
Determine your budget. It is important to keep in mind your price range when choosing the right tractor for you.
Choose a lawn tractor that has the engine in the front with the mowing deck below the engine. This type has a larger engine than normal riding mowers and will have a better turning radius as well.
Determine the deck size or the mowing radius that is sufficient for your acreage. For example, a 1/2-to-1-acre area will require a mowing radius of 42 inches; 1-to-2-acre sites will need up to a 46-inch mowing radius, while a 2-to-3-acre area will require a 46-, 50- or 54-inch deck.
- The larger the mowing radius, the faster you can mow the grass. A 54-inch deck 24 percent faster than a 42-inch deck, because you are mowing more grass at once.
- Briggs & Stratton 20 HP Vanguard Specs
- Kohler Engine K301 Specs
- Choose a Riding Lawn Mower
- Spread Road Base
- Where Can I Buy Sod for My Lawn?
- The Best Riding Lawnmowers for Hills
- Problems With Husqvarna Lawn Mowers
- The Best Lawn Mowers for Women
- Get Rid of Stink Bugs
- Troy-Bilt Vs. Toro Lawn Mower
- The Best Riding Mowers for Ditches
- Remove the Oil Pan Seal on a John Deere L Series Lawn Tractor