Rose flowers are symbols of love, beauty and war. This flower is more than 35 million years old and mankind has been growing them for more than 5,000 years.
During the 18th century, cultivated rose flowers were introduced from China to Europe.
Rose flowers are in bloom from late spring until the first frost in the autumn.
Rose flowers are traditionally used for romance and weddings. Red roses are a symbol of love and romance. White roses are symbolic of innocence, purity, honor and reverence.
Pink rose flowers are symbols of grace and elegance expressing admiration and joyfulness. Yellow is a symbol of friendship with feelings of warmth and happiness. Orange roses mean desire, enthusiasm and passionate romance.
Rose flowers make it possible to breed different cultivars of roses by supplying eggs and pollen. Mixing different types of roses creates new, wonderful colors of rose flowers.
- Shrubs That Attract Hummingbirds
- The Growing Season for Roses
- Do Roses Like Acidic Soil?
- Make Rose Bushes Bloom
- Care for a Kordana Rose
- Flowers That Start With R
- How Do Flowers Get Their Color?
- Meaning of Orange Roses
- Parts of a Carnation Flower
- Are Hibiscus Plants Poisonous to People?
- Common Flowers for Bouquets
- Why Does a Rose Petal Edge Turn Brown?