Fertilize lawns in spring with a combination fertilizer that includes a pre-emergent for crabgrass control. Fertilize trees, shrubs and landscape plants in spring based on the plant type, soil pH and nutrient content of the soil. Contact your county university extension office to have a complete soil test completed.
- The Best Grass Seed for Southern Lawns
- Get Rid of Ant Mounds
- When to Plant Grass Seed in West Virginia
- Building Raised Vegetable Garden Beds
- Get Rid of Stink Bugs
- The Best Time to Prune a Lilac Tree
- What Is the Best Type of Grass Seed for Virginia?
- Why Are My Vegetable Plants Turning Yellow?
- When Do You Plant Lilac Bushes: In the Fall or Spring?
- What Type of Grass Grows in the Shade?
- Grow an Ornamental Sweet Potato Vine
- When to Plant Azalea Bushes